Wednesday, January 13, 2016

What I'm Reading Wednesday: Making Number Talks Matter- Final Thoughts

Over the past few months, I have been reading Making Number Talks Matter by Cathy Humphries and Ruth Parker. What an amazing journey! I enjoyed the book immensely and am now an even bigger proponent of using number talks in the classroom than was before-- in all classrooms. Read about my journey here

The first three chapters of the book set the stage for understanding the purpose of and process for using number talks in the classroom. The next four chapters discuss how to conduct number talks involving all four operations across all grade levels. The final chapters present ways number talks can spark additional investigations and how to manage challenges that emerge. 

As I reflect on the conclusion of the book, my final thoughts include three big ideas that I will take away with me. They are listed in the illustration below. I encourage you to read this book and implement number talks in your own classroom. I promise it is a worthwhile venture! 


Sound Off! What is your experience with number talks? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment