Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Blog Rewind: Journals


Over the years, journaling has been the single most valuable tool for me in the classroom. While it can be time-consuming to assign and grade, the benefits of the task make it worthwhile. Using math journals in the classroom gives me a glimpse into what my students are thinking and where they are in the process of mastering the concept or skill that I am assessing. This single task can provide more information about a student's progress than any test or quiz. 

It's easy to start implementing journals in the classroom. Even if you only assign a handful of journal tasks this year, you will find the feedback useful for planning your next steps for instruction. Read about how I use journals in my math classroom here. Happy Reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment